Why Business English?
- Do you need English for your current job?
- Do you hope to use English in your future career?
- Do you need to grow your English speaking confidence for seminars and presentations?
- Do you enjoy using your English skills in a business context?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions then our Business English course is for you. The course includes General English or IELTS Exam Preparation in the morning and Business English in the afternoon.
Business English is designed with a focus on practical skills important for common work situations such as meetings, presentations, negotiations, project work, and cross-cultural communication. Additionally, our course helps students gain confidence and build vocabulary through discussion and research on a wide range of business related topics, from marketing and globalisation to finance and economy.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Extend your Business English vocabulary
- Develop listening and speaking skills in a business context
- Grow confidence in ability to discuss business-related topics
- Develop overall oral business skills and fluency
- Improve ability to participate in meetings and give presentations in English through role-play and peer evaluation
- Improve your intercultural competence
- Communication and networking
- Leadership and presentation skills
- Advertising and marketing techniques
- Companies – structure and culture
- Management styles and conflict resolution
- Financial terms – describing trends and presenting graphs
- Negotiation and customer service
- International business, free trade, globalisation
- Recruitment and human resources
- Starting a small business (project based)
2017 course dates:
06 June – 01 September
04 September – 24 November
27 November – 23 February 2018