The CELTA course (The University of Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is a practical, hands-on, English teaching qualification taught regularly at our Wellington campus.
Administered by Cambridge University ESOL, CELTA is a standardised course, which means that you can take the course anywhere in the world, cover the same syllabus, and be assessed by the same criteria.
Therefore a pass on the CELTA course is recognised throughout the world regardless of where it is studied.
CELTA is an initial teaching qualification, so no previous teaching experience is required.
CELTA is also popular with those who have some teaching experience, but no formal qualification.
The Campbell Institute Wellington CELTA course provides candidates with a mix of hands-on teaching experience, teaching methodology and practical classroom techniques.
Information Pack for CELTA candidates
A complete information pack is available for download here
- Complete the application form – to download click here for MSWORD format or here for PDF format
- Include a recent photo with your application
- Complete the pre-interview task – to download click here for MSWORD format or here for PDF format
- Attach an up-to-date CV
- After approval of your application you will be required to attend an interview
- Applications and selection are continuous, and are processed as they arrive
- Don’t miss out by applying late! Depending on the number of applicants there may be a waiting list
- Your completed application should be sent via email to: DOS@campbell.ac.nz
Post all your documents to:
Director of Studies
The Campbell Institute
PO Box 24-300
We will hold CELTA information sessions on:
Wednesday, May 17th, at 6-7pm at The Campbell Institute (104 Dixon Street, Te Aro)
For more information, or to register for one of these sessions please contact us: