General English is an intensive course designed for students who wish to improve their English for communication, work, or travel purposes. Classes are organised according to English level, which is determined by our own internal testing system.
General English covers reading, writing, listening and speaking for communication and is taught at all levels from beginner to advanced. Extra workshops and modules are also available, including pronunciation, writing, and English for business.
All students at Campbell receive free weekly 1:1 language workshops as part of their programme.
* this is the Wellington Campus timetable. Due to its smaller size, the Auckland Campus runs optional classes on demand. Please contact us for more information.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Hold a range of conversations in English on a variety of topics
- Listen and respond to natural Kiwi speech
- Read general texts and express a personal viewpoint in both oral and written form
- Hold a conversation about your own life and country and cultural differences you have noticed in New Zealand
- Go shopping, banking, order a meal in a restaurant, use public transport, use the public library, visit the doctor, go to the cinema, and other day-to-day activities
Campbell will launch its new General English Evening Class on June 6, 2017. The General English Evening Class will be a full-time, 20 hours per week course and will cover all core skills, with a focus on speaking, listening, grammar and vocabulary as well as soft skills required for applying and interviewing for jobs and workplace culture in New Zealand.
Limited Special: $250/week tuition (+ enrolment fee + materials fee)
*available for students starting Evening Classes between June 6 and August 28, 2017. Enrol here
Benefits of our Evening General English Classes:
- Small classes (<12 students)
- opportunity to work or enjoy social activities during day
- Expert teachers – all CELTA minimum trained
- General English plus soft skills required when applying for jobs, interviewing and working in a NZ work environment
Start Dates: Every Monday from 06 June
Campus: Wellington only
Min Duration: 4 weeks
Time: 5.15pm – 9.15pm, Monday – Friday (20 hours/ week). Optional classes also available 3.40pm-4.30pm as well as Activity Programme.
English level: Pre-intermediate and above. Discuss options with us.
Max students per class: 12
- Students must commence studies between June 6 and 28 August, 2017.
- Minimum 4 week enrolment
- Campbell reserves the right to cancel or amend the course, course dates, course times or content at any time. In the case that the course is cancelled due to lack of demand, students will be moved into the General English Intensive day course. No additional fees will be incurred in this case
- Campbell is not responsible for securing work or guaranteeing that students will be able to find work while they study
Study in Wellington and Auckland! ‘Campus Connect’ is a free transfer service between our Wellington and Auckland campuses and is great for students studying our General English course and wanting an experience in New Zealand’s two main cities. Conditions include:
- Students must study for a minimum of 6 weeks with at least 2 weeks on each campus
- Offer only available to students studying full time General English
- Students must be 18 years +
- Offer is for one free transfer between campuses only
- A minimum of 2 weeks prior booking is required to arrange transfers
- Students must select ‘Campus Connect’ during initial enrolment. Offer is not available to students already studying at Campbell
- Any costs associated with changes to the transfer ticket will be the responsibility of the student