Your home away from home
Good accommodation is just as important as the place you study.
Campbell will take responsibility for your accommodation, personally selecting the best available homestays and apartments, and helping you with questions and advice on the best accommodation option for you.
Why choose a homestay?
- Your homestay family will take care of you from the day you arrive
- Experience and learn about New Zealand cultures
- Practise your English with your homestay family
- Live in a real home-no need to buy furniture, bedding, or kitchenware
- You will have your own bedroom
- Develop a network of New Zealand friends and acquaintances
- Available for all ages
Homestay fees include:
- Your own bedroom with study desk and chair, wardrobe, drawers, and a heater
- Power, water, local phone calls
- Full board (three daily meals included)
All Campbell homestay families have been personally assessed and chosen by The Campbell Institute, and each family has a contractual obligation to meet certain standards. For example, hosts are required to provide a warm and comfortable bedroom, and a friendly family environment.
Homestay is generally booked week by week, but additional nights can also be booked if necessary. Campbell homestay placement fees include 1 free change of family, if needed.
Travel from homestay to Campbell is usually by bus, and average travel times are 25-35 minutes each way.
The Campbell Institute is a signatory to the New Zealand Government’s Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. Under The Code, homestay providers must be vetted by the New Zealand Police, and visited regularly to ensure the homestay environment is suitable.
Features of a Student Apartment**:
- Self-contained studio with bathroom and kitchenette
- Short-term lease available (minimum 2 weeks)
- Walking distance to school
- Power and water
- Access to shared laundry
- Rubbish collection
- Furniture provided
* Student apartments are subject to availability and are only available to students 18 years old and over
** Not all features are available for every apartment
Other Accommodation Options
For students who are studying for short periods at Campbell there are a range of short term accommodation options, including backpackers and hostels.