Your home away from home
Good accommodation is just as important as the place you study.
Students under the age of 18 are required to stay with a homestay family, a parent or a designated caregiver. Campbell can coordinate the arrangement of a homestay family for you.
Why choose a homestay?
- Your homestay family will take care of you from the day you arrive
- Experience and learn about New Zealand cultures
- Practise your English with your homestay family
- Live in a real home – no need to buy furniture, bedding, or kitchenware
- You will have your own bedroom
- Develop a network of New Zealand friends and acquaintances
- Available for all ages
Homestay fees include:
- Your own bedroom with study desk and chair, wardrobe, drawers, and a heater
- Power, water, local phone calls
- Breakfast and dinner – Monday to Friday / Three meals a day on weekends, public holidays and school holidays, except for school break over the festive season in December/January.
All homestay families have been assessed and chosen by homestay staff, and each family has a contractual obligation to meet certain standards.
Homestay is generally booked by weeks, but additional days can be arranged (additional days are charged at one-seventh the weekly rate).
Travel from homestay to Campbell is usually by bus or train, and average travel times are 25-35 minutes each way. Sometimes students can also walk to school.
The Campbell Institute is a signatory to the New Zealand Government’s Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. Under The Code, homestay providers must be vetted by the New Zealand Police, and visited regularly to ensure the homestay environment is suitable.
Students over 18 years of age may wish to book student apartment accommodation. Note that this is the responsibility of the student/parent(s)/ agent to arrange – Campbell does not provide this service.
Campbell can provide a list of apartment accommodation providers.
Other Accommodation Options
For students who are studying for short periods at Campbell there are a range of short term accommodation options, including backpackers and hostels.